June 22nd, 2016
Right Place, Right Time: Online Spending Surges
I recently came across a fascinating article from Internet Retailer that could be a real eye opener for UnFranchise Owners. We may be a few calendar months away from the holidays but this article really gives you a great idea of what’s driving consumers’ actions in this economy. These strong online spending trends bode well for all of us as the holiday shopping season looms just around the corner.
These strong spring numbers seem to indicate that each and every UnFranchise Owner is in a tremendous position to excel this holiday shopping season, with consumer spending on the rise. I suggest you CLICK HERE to read this interesting article in its entirety, but here are just a few of the keys stats that really jumped out for me:
- Desktop ecommerce increased by 19% in April
- Mobile App usage surpassed Mobile Web usage for the first time
- Mobile Sales increased nearly 60% last year during the holidays
- Mobile app visits were up 70% in Q1, and mobile site visits were up 40%
- 17% of consumers plan to shop less in store and spend more time shopping online
- 35% of online shoppers begin their searches at online marketplaces such as SHOP.Com
- 23% of responders made purchased through social media
You can join the online shopping fun by downloading the SHOP.COM Mobile App today for Android and Apple devices! It’s an incredible tool that helps you score the best deals on the go while also helping you build your Shopping Annuity – isn’t technology great!
2015 saw a really strong holiday shopping season, so these numbers indicate that 2016 will be even better! These statistics are just further proof that we are all in the right place at the right time with the UnFranchise. Clearly the stage is set for a massively successful holiday shopping season – the only question is how will you capitalize on it???