September 9th, 2014
Apple Unveils the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and the Apple Watch
For months the tech world has been waiting for Apple’s next big announcement – and that day finally came with the launch of the iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 Plus, and the Apple Watch. The much anticipated iPhone 6 is lighter, thinner, and more powerful – but for those who want an even bigger mobile experience from Apple you’ve now got that option with the massive iPhone 6 Plus!
If you’re eager to get your hands on this new technology from Apple, you won’t have to wait too long! The new iPhone 6 will be available in just 10 days on September 19th. Those who want the bigger iPhone 6 Plus will have to wait a little longer – and those who want the Apple Watch will have to wait until early 2015 (perhaps it will be here in time for World Conference in Miami!).
To compare Apple’s impressive phone lineup, click here. You can also find some great highlights from today’s big Apple announcement below. The question is – will you be making the switch to one of the new iPhones? If so remember to visit the Apple Online Store on SHOP.COM – along with these great partner stores where you can find tons of accessories for your new phone!
- iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen, while the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen
- iPhone 6 is 6.9mm thick, while the iPhone 6 Plus is 7.1mm thick
- iPhone 6 has 14 hours of battery life, the iPhone 6 Plus has 24 hours
- The 8MP camera on the devices has true-tone flash, and the front-facing camera has been updated for selfies
- iPhone 6 starts at $199 on a two-year contract (for 16GB model), $299 for 64GB and $399 for 128GB
- iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299 for 16GB, $399 for 64GB and $499 for 128GB
- Apple also unveiled its first wearable called Apple Watch
- Apple Watch is waterproof and has a rectangular face
- There are three finishes – 18 karat gold, silver and ‘sport’ fitness tracking
- Apple also introduced their new payment system – Apple Pay
As expected, Apple already slashed the prices of their iPhone 5S model to $99 – so if you’re not ready to make the big leap to the iPhone 6 – a great deal on an iPhone 5S might be more your speed! So tell me, will you be buying one of these hot new products from Apple?