March 18th, 2020
An Empowering Message from Market America COO Marc Ashley
Team, I’m looking forward to speaking with everyone tonight during my special announcement on Zoom – but in the meantime I wanted to share with you a tremendous message from my brother Marc Ashley, COO of Market America, which offers some great information regarding our plan to protect you and your business during this viral pandemic. Your health and safety will always be a top priority!
As a home-based, online business, we are able to adapt to this situation better than most companies, and fortunately for our UnFranchise family we are working hard to insure everything continues to run smoothly and orders are processed as normal. Take a moment to review Marc’s important message as it addresses many concerns and topics you may have questions about. We are all in this together and we will succeed together!
A Message from Marc Ashley in Response to COVID-19
Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide Family,
Community is at the heart of everything we do at Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide and with growing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, we want you to know that the health and safety of the Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide community is our top priority. Our operations continue to run strong to support everyone and orders are processing as normal. We have also put in place a comprehensive Business Continuity plan in case it is needed. Fortunately, for our UnFranchise® Owners, it will be business as usual with a few modifications because of the advantage of being home-based and online.
As we monitor this evolving situation, we wanted to share an update on some of the ways we are protecting the Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide community.
Listening to the Experts: We are closely monitoring the guidance from local and federal authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to safeguard our employees and community. We encourage you to do the same and stay informed.
Supporting You: We know that all UnFranchise Owners as well as our customers across the globe look to Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide as a place to earn and save money and support their families and livelihoods as small business owners. We’ll constantly communicate with you to share key updates throughout this time and we’ll continue to keep you front and center as we develop ways to make your experience as safe and sustainable as possible.
Continuing to Foster Connections: For the safety of our community, we have postponed all in-person events for the next eight weeks and moved them online. Human connection is essential to daily life. We know how important it is for you to gather, so we’re announcing our virtual events below and how you can participate as well to help foster this connection. Our corporate events are currently in the process of being moved to later dates or moved online. We will let you know immediately once this has been finalized.
Our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. And we’re truly inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need. There is nothing more powerful and resilient than our amazing community — we want to thank you for showing your love and being a part of the Market America | SHOP.COM Worldwide family.
Please stay well.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Market America Worldwide
NEW GMTSS ONLINE GUIDELINES
Many of our GMTSS events will be broadcast over Zoom in the coming weeks. As many of you know, we have partnered with Zoom, enabling you to receive best-of-web pricing, which offers phone, video, meetings and chat — a powerful tool for improving communication within your UnFranchise Business. This is a great digital tool to enable you to continue to develop your UnFranchise Business during these challenging times.
UFOs who sign up will have access to a plan that includes both the Zoom Webinar 500 and Zoom Enterprise Large 500 packages. US$150.00 per month value for only US$9.99, plus 15% monthly IBV!
Zoom Plan Benefits also include unlimited recording storage and live stream meetings to Facebook. Existing subscribers can easily take advantage of this discounted pricing and will be refunded the prorated amount for any unused service in their current contract.
Just activate your Zoom account and then you will be able to use your existing username and password to login. To find out more, visit the Zoom page on UnFranchise.com > My Account > My Services > Zoom Video Conferencing.
Here are the numerous ways to leverage our partnership with ZOOM:
- As a UFO (or customer), it’s simple and free to create a Zoom account and have access to a plethora of business overviews and educational sessions in the coming weeks. You can locate details for these opportunities in the following platforms:
- UnFranchise.com — Be sure to visit UnFranchise.com daily for the latest updates on everything related to your business.
- Social media — Be sure to follow all of our customized divisions, as well as Market America and the Shopping Annuity®.
- GMTSS – It’s business as usual! All Local Coordinators and areas are committed to keeping the existing schedule, support and structure with the simple change of venue to online instead of in person. You can search, locate and access details for each meeting through UnFranchise.com as you normally would. Please take special notices of the notes section for discounted pricing and the location to specify the web address for the LIVE ZOOM meeting. You can click on the link to register, and if there is an applicable charge, you will be provided direction for payment in the notes section. After payment is made, you’ll receive an access code from the Trainer to access the live training. You can add to your virtual schedule by clicking on the link itself and even share with partners and prospects!
- As a UFOs who is a GMTSS Coordinator or Certified Trainer looking to offer your classes virtually, you will need a Zoom account to host meetings/trainings.
- Be mindful to schedule your trainings as a webinar if you plan to use a PowerPoint presentation (you will still have the option to also show your camera to make it more personal)
- If you’d like to broadcast your ZOOM session on a relevant Facebook group or page (that you are an admin for) then you should schedule the session as a meeting. You’ll be able to broadcast LIVE on Facebook by selecting the “more” option and sharing to the page or group of your choice.
- There are many BENEFITS of using this platform, but know the primary goal is to have access to all recorded sessions so that you can repurpose as a permanent YouTube video or virtual training tool for your team and the field.
All GMTSS online events/trainings will continue to feature our Speakers Bureau Members and Certified Trainers. The current curriculums and content will remain the same. Additionally, the events will be listed in our online GMTSS directory.
These online trainings will have a lower ticket price listed in the comment section of each meeting and offer you the convenience of attending from the comfort of your home. Payment instructions from each trainer will be located in the comments section with detailed information. As an attendee, your trainer will then contact you with any password that is needed for the meeting.
All UnFranchise Business Presentations (UBPs) over the next eight weeks will be moved to free online Zoom presentations.
To find meetings and trainings in your area, go to UnFranchise.com and click on Help & Training > GMTSS > Meeting Search. If you know the specific meeting you are searching for you can type it into the search bar or you can click “Show Advanced Filter Options” and narrow down your search by Meeting Type, Location, Postal Code, Speaker Name or any number of other options.