July 16th, 2012
Monthly UnFranchise Seminars and the Key to Success
Hello Market United Kingdom UFO’s!
We had a fabulous week of business building events in London, accomplishing a great deal during our time in the United Kingdom. Loren and I worked hard with Andrew and Natalia Weissman, along with Phil Guido at our apartment – doing nonstop (3 to 6 small kitchen table meetings per day), Motives previews, coring’s, follow-ups, sign-ups, and ABC pattern meetings. All this in addition to the scheduled UBP’s, Motives and SHOP.COM presentations, as well as Saturday’s business building seminar.
Meanwhile there was a Motives “train the trainers” event at the SHOP.COM office with Lisa Kostka for three days – with 30 girls participating! One of our new leaders, Tan and Gavin, also did a Motives trunk show and preview on their own for 8 to 10 people in her location. They also held another Motives show with Thea Andrews and Sorelda on their C level, booking several follow-ups in the process.
I want to talk to everyone about the next important step for everyone with the UnFranchise system. Do you understand what the UnFranchise system and the NMTSS are? The NMTSS is the “nervous system” and training system that we develop while we build the business – establishing a system of meetings and trainings along with the MA University trainings to support your business and duplicate the fundamentals, systems, and growth.
The UnFranchise system provides a blueprint for success and a proven system for growing the business and providing standardized, uniform, duplicable tools, marketing methods, training, growing visibility, products and services at the lowest possible prices, and everything needed to succeed in the business.
Everyone participates, and everyone supports it and everyone does things the same way. This eliminates confusion, makes it simple, and results in faster growth and duplication. Duplication is the key to the business – you just have to plug into the system and become part of the team!
The UnFranchise system revolves around a central monthly meeting that everyone attends – it’s the big game day! It’s the one day that everyone shows up and meets the new people, announces new releases, plans, promotions, events, and recognizes those who reached new pin levels.
We may all be going in separate directions, working the business in different ways, in different places at our own pace – but these monthly meeting help keep us on the same page. We bring in the most successful experts to teach the business and fundamentals of how to build the business with standardized, duplicable methods.
We started this with 30 of our UK leaders this Saturday in London. Some of you failed to get your people there or did not realize how important it is to get all of your people at events like this – and that must change! It is imperative that you capitalize on events like these!
We held a lot of meetings and many of you attended with new people – it was so exciting. But at the center of all of this activity and action is a “hub” or the brain that everything all ties into. That is the monthly Seminar. It will expand into many seminars in different parts of the UK, bringing them all together four times a year.
These meetings are where we motivate and train people and duplicate the first fundamental of the Basic 5: Development of the right Attitude and Knowledge which results in the belief and confidence to build the business successfully.
This last Saturday we covered the following topics that are game-changers for those who learn them and utilize them:
1. Building and starting the NMTTS.
2. The 7 No-No’s of the business and binomial marketing with the NMTSS.
3. How one must think and view the business to speak confidently and effectively prospect. The themes of the business and how to express them.
4. Why the Basic 5 make the business work and relate to the plan. The Basic 5 overview and why each is critical and how they connect.
5. How to fill the prospecting-recruiting –sponsoring “funnel and bean jar” with possibilities – examples, techniques, and best practices.
6. Breaking down goals into a goal statement and detailed plan of action – quantifying exactly what result-producing activities must be done daily, weekly, and monthly. We actually broke it all down.
7. Examples of how to book a follow-ups and how and why the trial run and ABC Pattern works, showing them exactly how to do it.
8. Loren and Natalia taught people how to social search and find the prospects that are looking for the specific things we offer: cosmetics or make-up, nutrition or vitamins, entrepreneurial opportunities, a online shopping business, web centers or internet hosting and sites. They then went through a series of techniques to build a following, build interest, prospect, brand oneself, utilize blogs, etc. It was extremely engaging and informative!
Everyone in your group needs this information and would benefit tremendously from this training. I do not train to train and we are always focused on what the group needs at the stage they are at – to help take them to the next level.
Even if you’ve heard something before, everyone else hasn’t necessarily. The leader is there as a coach, so when the group hears it the first time and has their coach there to reinforce it, it really drives it home and helps bring it into action within the team.
One of the “cliché’s’ in the business became a cliché because it is so true and every leader universally agrees with it: “You have to hear something 7 times, 7 different ways, from 7 different people” before you totally get it and become it.”
We hold many meetings and we also hit the road to do meetings in people’s homes and towns, as well as constant meetings and trainings at the company office. We work the ABC pattern from house to house and person to person – so there is a lot to do and select from.
There are a lot of things going on, and I know that many of you are doing to a lot. But the most important day of the month and the event that we all set aside and commit to come to is the Monthly NMTSS seminar. It is one day a month that can have a huge impact on your team. It is the physical reality of the business.
We all buy tickets and we all sell tickets and get every new person to go. We all help each other with our guests, after all – teamwork makes the dream work. We are in the business of keeping people in the business until they see the light and that billionth of a volt snaps across their cerebral cortex and they get it and decide to do it.
Getting your people there is a matter of working smarter rather than harder. Let the monthly seminar events and the training and all the successful UFO’s do your work for you! Let them convince and train your new distributors and prospects and help them get inspired! They get the belief then need and they learn what to do with their newfound confidence. It is the key to the business and is the heart and soul of what we do.
Timing is everything in this business! Everyone who is in the business falls into one of three categories: GO NOW, STABLE, or WAITING:
Go Now distributors are committed to building the business and are mastering the Basic 5 – leading to new prospects and customers. This is where we put our time building. We want Go Now distributors to duplicate.
Stable distributors are the back bone of the business as they come to meetings and are doing base 10 x 7 strong at their pace and are slowly growing at their own pace, but have other priorities and things going on in their life. Eventually they will become Go Now distributors if we keep them on track and maintain what they have until the timing is right or a new Go Now comes into their organization. People sometime oscillate between go now and stable, but the key is to keep them plugged in and they get their batteries recharged during that monthly NMTSS meeting.
Waiting distributors got in or “signed up” but have been diverted or side tracked or their timing isn’t quite right. They use product, and may have a few customers, love cashback, and show up occasionally to the meetings – but as long as we keep them connected they will lead to someone or wake up or be ready to grow someday.
We keep them all going by plugging them into the system and getting them to attend this one monthly event. It is a fabulous tool for you to utilize because you can’t be with everyone every day, but you get to see them all that one day and catch up and find out what is going on in their live and businesses. It is fun and everyone looks forward to it.
Let me teach you how it works so you can teach your people! Everyone only has so much time they can devote to meetings and the business – so how do you determine and prioritize what is most important?
Here is how the prioritization of time in the business and meetings works! This is the result of more experienced and successful UFO’s thinking than you could even measure. These are best practices for the Unfranchise system because it works and has succeeded with duplication.
You do not want to reinvent the wheel or learn by trial and error. You need to lead by example by implementing this yourself in order to become a successful part of the Unfranchise system – where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and we all agree to do things one way – the right way.
The level of importance or priority of a meeting is determined by the following criteria:
- The higher the Pin Level or Corporate team member, the higher the priority because they cannot be accessible to everyone all the time by the shear scalability of the growth curve of the numbers of people in an organization. Obviously A Director or FVP cannot be with every person in the area or in their group every day. They are making themselves available to be able to communicate, reach out to, and train more people by being there. If they are doing it for a group outside their line of sponsorship, they bring tremendous credibility with no economic gain or exchange – so it is a matter of appreciation and respect. When a corporate team member or officer comers in, they have limited time and bring a message and credibility from the top to keep you connected – to empower your business and to create belief, credibility, and DUPLICATION. So it goes without saying that those meetings take precedence over all others. Simply put, you can do the other meetings at another time but you cannot get access to the experts at any time you wish. Meeting with them has great value for your business, anf the impact they have outweighs what the other meetings typically yield.
- The amount of duplication produced, generated, and promulgated. Here are a few examples of this to illustrate what I mean:
- A UBP by you or a higher pin level is more important than a house meeting or one on one. So you schedule around the UBPs and do house meetings or one on ones. Everyone doing house meetings and one on ones brings (not invite) people to the UPB.
The only possible exception to this is if you booked an ABC kick off meeting on the next ABC level at someone’s home or house. In that case, the one that was booked first would take priority. I would not cancel the ABC meeting on the next level in a home or a trial run. Rather, I would try to make it a different night if the UBP was already booked – unless there was no other night the new person could do it.
- A coring is more important than a one on one, two on one, kitchen table meeting, follow-up, or UBP as it pulls the group together all at once to correct something, teach something that is needed or new, or to program the next level of duplication. A coring is for duplication, focused on what a specific group needs based on where they are in the business and what they need.
- The reason for this is that when everyone is taught and enlightened on something that will grow the business and create more duplication—it carries forward for everyone and produces more growth than a one on one or house meeting would.
- For the same reasons, a NDT is more important than showing the plan or a UBP, a Basic 5 more important than a NDT, and ECCT more important than either.
- A University Major specialized training would take priority over these things but is somewhat of a different channel, so it depends on what someone’s major is. Moving up seminars, specialized leadership seminars, and the Leadership School naturally are higher levels of training about advanced duplication techniques and business building principles that are directed at people with large organizations to create mass duplication – so it is obviously of higher importance.
- However, the most important meeting of the month without a doubt is the monthly seminar – whether it be a Local (that’s all we have at this point), District, Regional, or National/International Conventions. There is only one to go to per month as we do not set up a district and local in the same month for the geographical area they serve.
WHY IS THE MONTHLY SEMINAR (LOCAL, DISTRICT OR REGIONAL) the highest priority event – with everything else revolving around it?
It is a date that everyone reserves and marks on their calendars first because it is a requirement to be part of the UnFranchise System and NMTSS. If a UFO or leader does not participate in the monthly seminar, they cannot be part of the system and we will not support their local, UBP, or smaller meetings in different towns. Why?
Because it dilutes the system and undermines it – resulting in the law of decreasing returns. It is all we are asking of them. The Seminar creates the most duplication because you have the most successful people teaching and sharing their experiences and stories. It is invaluable for your business. It is the transfer of knowledge and attitude a well as the DNA of the business.
It is the culture and community of the business and there is a bonding and synergy that is built from it. It is also the glue that holds the organization together – everything revolves around it! This is the “code” – the best practices, the system, the creed, and the philosophy we all run the business by and live by. It is at the heart of the UnFranchise model. We all agree to do it this way – we are all part of the system!
…and there is good reason for it:
- You have the top experts sharing their tips and success stories – teaching and offering their secrets for success, best practices, and advice. You want everyone to soak it up like a sponge!
- In addition to the speakers, there are other top pin levels and all the most successful people in the area in attendance (sometimes from out of town like this week in the UK with- Ben Ginder as Field President making 85K per month!)
Additionally, all the leaders in the line of sponsorship are there, meeting other successful UnFranchise owners. The more believers and successful people they meet, the stronger their knowledge and confidence grows – having formed positive connections with likeminded entrepreneurs ( a support mechanism).
- Sometimes we hear people say: “I have already been to one of them or heard it before.” That is a misconception because rarely does the speaker do the same thing or presentation using the same material unless it is a UBP. Regardless, – So what!? You need to go to everyone!
I have been to a meeting every month for 25 years and I’ve never missed a month. It is the system and the way it works – but not by dogmatic rule at all. It makes too much sense. First of all; if you go to a soccer game, football game, formula one race, or rock concert and really enjoy it -you don’t say: “I have been to one of those before so I don’t want to go.”
If you liked it and are a fan or are “into it” –you want to go again and again and you won’t miss it. Every game, contest, race, concert, or show is different – and even if it were the same, you always hear, see, and learn things that you missed before. It’s like the MPCP and UBP plan – you need to see it three times just to really get it and have the light bulbs come on.
Then you want to see it again because you are bringing people or your people have prospects there. If it starts to get repetitious it means it is time for you to show it so wake up and watch more carefully and go through it in your mind – because next time you will be showing it one on one or in a small meeting! It is called duplication, and duplication is the key to success in the business.
It is widely agreed by the most successful people in the business that you need to hear it 7 times, 7 different ways, by 7 different people before you totally get it! It clicks for different people in your group with different speakers, at different times. It may click for you with me, but for your first two people – Phil Guido makes it click for one and Andrew Weissman for the other. It doesn’t matter who helps make it click – as long as they get it! In fact, I am thankful and proud when my person “gets it” because of what Phil or Andrew said. That’s why TEAMWORK is so vital!
- The monthly seminar that brings everyone together is the Key to Success and is the REALITY OF THE BUSINESS! – It is the business. When you get in the business as UFO you have the plan, the products, and the system – but where is the business? There is not an office, a store, a schedule or time clock to punch or anything really tangible.
The reality of the business is the people, their belief, and what they are doing on a daily basis to achieve their goals and make their dreams come true. It is the monthly seminar when everyone connects – sharing their excitement, commitment, dreams, experiences, discoveries, hopes, questions, and frustrations. They look to learn, experience, share, and GET THEIR BATTERIES RECHARGED!
We recharge our batteries, learn, and meet all of our new people. We may not be at every meeting as the business expands. Hopefully the people in your group are duplicating and showing the plan and are anxious to introduce their new people or prospects to the business. When they do, I am all over it and want to book a meeting on the bottom level – I fill up my schedule with meetings!
- Attitude and Knowledge is number one of the basic 5. If someone does not cultivate the right attitude and knowledge that leads to belief and confidence, they will not succeed in the business. It is difficult to achieve this with everyone – so work smarter rather than harder by using the seminars and the leaders, speakers, and corporate team to do it for you by getting everyone to the monthly seminar!
By selling tickets in the organization and making sure that everyone has tickets for themselves and some to sell, you are setting in motion a system that gets them to the seminar and increases the probability of getting others into the business, committing, knowing what to do, growing, and duplicating.
How else are you going to instill or duplicate number 1 of the basic five with each of your people and then duplicate it with them if you do not sell tickets and get them to the seminar the first month?
- People may not be able to relate or identify with you or their sponsor – but often do with the speaker at these events – which solidifies their belief in the business and their commitment to success. You couldn’t have done that all by yourself. I love what it does for people and how everyone connects with someone or many! The business becomes their life and they build a circle of positive, forward-looking, supportive friends as they leave behind their critics, procrastinators and the negative or “mentally constipated” people in their life.
A best practice and UnFranchise principle that one must duplicate to succeed is:
- We build from event to event.
- That statement says and means a lot more than what it looks like or sounds like.
- There is a method to the madness. It is a formula for success and with everything we do, we do for a specific reason.
- Everyone at the monthly seminars needs to buy a ticket to the next event or seminar a month away. We are all committed to growing as a team, increasing the attendance to these meetings as we go. We want to have the meeting of 100 people grow to a meeting of 200! It is the game, and this is the score! It is the heart and soul of the business.
The question for each leader is: how many in attendance were their people (from their team or organization)? What percentage of the meeting was theirs? That’s how you judge your growth. The BV and checks will follow. The reality of the business is meeting with people. When everyone leaves these monthly meetings and goes home properly motivated and informed – they will grow and build the business.
However, the most important thing is that they come back to the meeting next month so they believe, recharge their batteries, and stay connected with their TEAM. Now, if they are going to go out and really grow their business and are serious about success – they need to realize that the shortcut to success is getting their people to the monthly seminars! It’s invaluable to your team, and is truly the best use of your time!
If they say they believe, they must demonstrate it and do it by buying a ticket! At least they are in and are committed to the next meeting in the business they claim is their career and solution to the 45 year plan. What is it ? – they might not come???? Let them put their money where their mouth is by purchasing a ticket. No ticket = no commitment. I will not hold meetings for them or work with them because what we set in motion will carry in motion, and it will not work.
I am wasting my time with them because even if they do go out and try and show the plan – they need to get people to the meeting in order to believe and to be convinced. If they do not have tickets – they are not coming, and they cannot get other people to come. So I am wasting my time. Free has no value. The ticket is worth it and is a place-holder in the business – and they will always get more value out of the seminar than they could spending it on anything else.
So if they are going to grow and sponsor people - they need at least 2 tickets to sell. If they want to go EC, they need at least 10 to 20 tickets. How are they going to do it without 10 to 20 people believing and knowing what to do? By purchasing them, they buy a hole in their pocket and they do not forget to sell them to prospects and new UFO’s.
What you set in motion carries in motion. If you do not do it from the beginning, the wrong pattern will duplicate and the business or UFO’s will have no glue or cement between them, and there will be no NMTSS or seminar and support system. It will fall apart! The business will not duplicate and you will have to build and then keep rebuilding the entire thing!.
- At the end of the day this axiom proves true every time and is the irreversible law of the business: You cannot lead where you will not go, and you cannot teach what you do not know! You just cannot get around it. Do not swim upstream against the current or the tide – you are not strong enough and will not last!
- You do not know what you do not know – you don’t even know that you do not know it! Now that you know, you have to make this happen and duplicate it. This is what works and the way we do it – Period. That statement above applies to other people – they do not even know that they do not know. Now you need to let them knows so at least they know.
The seminar teaches them what they do not know or did not know – and you do not have to teach it to everyone individually. The seminar does it! It is an awakening! Once someone knows – they have a choice. I do too. I do not work with people who do nothing about it, and that is why I am successful. What is –is. What is not – is not.
The difference between success and failure is very simple. The individual who succeeds does what the individual who failed did not do! It doesn’t matter why. It is fact. So I am telling you the things one must do in order to be successful. These are the common threads that run through all directors and above with solid, successful businesses:
- Buy tickets, Sell tickets and build from event to event. Become part of the NMTSS. Lead by example.
- Master and duplicate the Basic 5.
- Base 10 x 7 strong must happen.
- Fill the funnel and shake the bean jar. Make sure you know what it really means, and how to do it and duplicate it.
- Use all the products and get rid of all negative products and only shop through SHOP.COM. Become a product of the product! Become an advertisement and walking testimonial for the business.
- Listen to audios daily and duplicate it. Get the downloads online from UnFranchise in a iPod, MP3 player, or mobile phone with MP3 capabilities. We are providing everyone who attended the seminar this month a free one for coming!
So let’s make it happen! We will announce the next monthly NMTSS seminar in the next week – so be on the lookout! Let’s team up and make it happen! I hope this helps and we will do it together! Spread the word by sharing this with your team!
Keep growing…I believe in you!
JR and Loren Ridinger J
PS: It will be wonderful to see you at #MAIC2012 in August!!!